Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pottery Barn Apothecary Jar Knock Off

There are 61 pins in my “Crafty” board on Pinterest.  And sometimes I have to forcibly restrain myself from pinning hundreds a day.  I don’t craft nearly as much as I’d love to, but on those rare days when a project goes from pinspiration to real life I feel oh-so-satisified with myself.

(Especially when the project is so easy it’s practically criminal to even call it crafty.) 

It started when I saw this in Hobby Lobby, on sale for $19.99.  I was looking for ideas for my Thanksgiving table décor and had seen pictures on pinterest of various Apothecary jars filled with things like pinecones or other fall-paraphernalia.  I pondered this for a second, but I was trying to do my Thanksgiving table on a budget and $20 seemed kind of silly… (Or worse, pay the $69 Pottery Barn version… eek!)

191

“I bet I can make that,” I thought.

That’s not an unusual thought for me at all.  I think all the time.  What is unusual… is that this time I actually followed up. 

I already had a vase like the top half of that jar that probably came free with a flower delivery.  I bought a candle holder $0.99 at Hobby Lobby and some glass glue.

IMG_1023

IMG_1024

A few drops of glue and voila….

IMG_0012

IMG_0013

I have an apothecary jar!  I didn’t up using it on my Thanksgiving tablescape, but I ended up filling it up with dried beans for a general fall decoration.

A few days ago, when I was getting out my Christmas decorations, out with the beans and in went some mini Christmas balls.

IMG_0223

1 comment:

A Glenn said...

Had I realized you MADE that vase, I would've told you to your face how much I liked it! Very cool.