Friday, June 17, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect

You know you’re in trouble when you get weepy at the wedding rehearsal, right?

I just can’t believe my baby sis is getting married.  In my mind, she’s still the 11 year old pretending to be Dominique Moceanu in our backyard, doing back handsprings in the grass and landing with a perfect stick and a smile full of braces. 

Now, she’s standing up in front of the Judge, one of my Dad’s best friends from college, holding the hands of her fiancé, looking in his eyes and practicing their vows.  (Stop saying them out loud!  I’m already crying!)

I am so happy to be witness to this marriage.  You know, when you just know that two people found each other on purpose? 

IMG_9431

The groom & bride to be!

IMG_9380

The groomsmen

IMG_9381

And the bridesmaids…

IMG_9390

And a gratuitous Oak Hill shot just to keep for your viewing pleasure.

After practicing their yes-we-do’s, the bridal party and out of town guests filed into our family’s backyard for a casual barbecue (Dinosaur BBQ!) dinner and to officially kick off the weekend of celebrating these two.

IMG_9336

IMG_9369

IMG_9367

The décor was done by Katie’s wedding planner/our good family friend, Meredith.  Meredith’s the daughter of my Dad’s childhood best friend, and we have literally know her & her sister, Lauren, since birth.  The centerpieces were put together by Dylan’s sister, Lindsay.

IMG_9376

The beverages traveled all the way from Wisconsin!

IMG_9445

The party in full swing…

IMG_9421

A mix of Katie’s high school friends & both their college friends…

IMG_9420

With two very handsome men – my husband & my brother!

(My brother is single and I can almost guarantee does not read my blog…. so email me if you would like to be set up with a very smart, very funny, musical, handsome guy who is extremely terrible at returning emails and texts.)

(Ya like that Mom?  Think it’ll work?)

IMG_9438

My dad giving his toast roast.

IMG_9442

Laughing on the outside, probably crying on the inside. 

IMG_9374

Ready to bring these 2 families together!

No comments: