Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Big Family. THANKFULLY, Even Bigger House.

It's been a little windy the last two days, so we've been at our pool rather than on the beach but hey, turns out you can still get a wicked sunburn without getting any sand in your swim suit. I SWEAR I USED SPF 30. Small children clambering on you = stealthy sunscreen removal process.


The fam that eats clams together stays together.
(Because there's only one butter dish, so you have to huddle together real close.)

There are 20 of us here in one house - but the house is huge, and there's these little nooks (i.e. where I am hiding with my computer, although the 4 yo found me hiding a minute ago and asked me to play.) There are 5 children under the age of 5 -like little stair steps they go 5 yo, 4 yo, 3 yo, 2 yo, 7 mo. If there was ever a "are you ready for parenthood?" boot camp, this is it. (Answer: I better get a dog.)* The smallest one is the snuggliest sweetest girl ever.... DANGEROUS. If I could get a guarantee my first would be like that, I'd pop one out tomorrow.


Who know drool was the secret potion of love?
And also, sunburned, I know.

*Family factoid: At the age of 25, this was my Grandma's life. 5 children under the age of 5. Oh, and she couldn't drive a car. Suddenly, the biting sarcasm and penchant for Dewar's is much, much better understood.


Just five of the seven siblings. (#'s 1, 3, 5, 7 & 4.)

No comments: