Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday

My sister, the English teacher, told me today that she had her 10th grade students make Thankful Thursday lists in class today. I love it. Gratitude is contagious!

I needed this exercise today. I was super grumpy this morning as a hangover from an experience the day before that I still hadn’t shook off, and I was experiencing a bit of cabin fever from all the snow/ice we’ve had this week. Taking the time to pause on my happy list, combined with my new beginner’s yoga class and a glass of wine with some girlfriends, was the perfect antidote to my frumpy mood.

Thankful (this week) for:

  • My mom, who has been superwoman taking care of my Grandpa.
  • My hubby. I love being married to this man. And I love that he is making baby back ribs tonight. ‘Nuff said.
  • Doggy Daycare. Especially when pupdog is suffering from cabin fever/frumpy face. And even better, picking Buddy up from doggy daycare. The look on Buddy’s face when he sees me – OMG YOU CAME BACK – cracks me up every time.
  • Yoga! I actually like it. Taking a beginners (realllly beginners) class was key. And taking it with 2 friends (accountability?) has been key.
  • That the yoga studio is right near 6th & Vine. Double Win.
  • My sis. Who is hopefully visiting tomorrow, who makes me laugh every day, who keeps me honest to commitments (even blogging commitments) and who thinks to send my mom flowers when she’s having a bad day.
  • That despite the snow being a bit annoying, it has completely shut down the South. It’s been kind of a vacation-at-home/catch up week, enforced by Mother Nature.
  • Health insurance.
  • Having all my tax forms ready to go. Before April. That’s a first.
  • My friend Heather’s uncanny ability to always know exactly what to say to make me laugh or get inspired.
  • My grandparents-in-law (Nanta and Pa) who just celebrated SIXTY-FIVE years of marriage. Amazing!!
  • Having time to write this week, and beginning to see my book take shape somewhere besides my imagination.
  • The cheerleaders of said book, who tell me I can do it and keep my mind off the slush pile.
  • The safety of everyone I know on the roads this week. The South is not exactly known for it’s road-clearing-prowess.
  • Getting back to an exercise routine – after “outing” myself on my coaching blog, I’ve had 2 consistent weeks and I feel a zillion times better, and double thanks to Matt who keeps taking me on dates to the Y. I think I exhausted all his guest passes this week.
  • New clients!
  • Winos. Who I am hopefully seeing tomorrow, weather permitted, and planning for our WINE COUNTRY trip. Woop.
  • Jess, who gets her own special line, for listening to my academic woe-is-me rant this week and assuring me that it’s okay that I couldn’t remember what logistical regression was.
  • The entrance into our world of 3 new sweet little ones: Georgia Mae, Hailey Jordana and Spencer Chase, and the health of their mommas.
  • Friends who brave snowstorms for parties and show up with delicious goodies like lime-buttercream-coconut cupcakes. (Jme, plz repeat as often as possible.)
  • A lunch date with a new friend.
  • Cheap champagne.
  • Delving into the world of bloggers who take pictures of food. Reassurance that the compulsive need to photog my food doesn't make me crazy.
  • Waking up early to find that it’s a snow day, and going back to sleep… just like being a little kid.

So, what’s on YOUR list?

1 30 10 Italian Potluck 089 1 30 10 Italian Potluck 060

2 comments:

jesskeim said...

Thanks for the Thankful Thursday lovin. xo!

Sara Logan Photo said...

Yay for new friends! :)