Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cabin Fever

I am so sick of this cold weather here, and the wind, my gosh, the wind. Every time I step outside, I can hear my mother’s voice: “Where is your hat?” (I hate to admit, but she poses a good question.) My poor little pupdog has not gotten a decent walk in about 3 month. It is sunny outside and looks so tempting... but it is just so darn windy.

Oh hey, I'm complainy today. Let me think of something nice to say. I’ve tried yoga – twice now! I am taking a super beginner class (the kind that involves lots of blocks, straps and generous time in child’s pose) and it was really nice - I have never had anyone break down the poses and explain them so well before, as well as take the time to correct form. It is a 5 week class that my friend has talked me into it, so I'm encouraged to see how it goes. I also keep noticing today how many times I've realized my shoulders are up at my ears when I write. That could have something to do with the reason my back and neck always hurt. DUH.

Speaking of writing, I got up extra early today and spent a few hours on my book... I’m making a good dent in it and I'm kind of excited about it. It's like my little garden, I just keep doing little bits and bits at a time. I've got about 2/3rds of the content done, and want to finish the bulk of the content by my wine trip at the end of March. Then I want to go back through and insert some research and more case studies. And then.... I have no idea what to do with it. What does one do with a book? Stand on the street corner and sell it like the newspaper guys do? Print it off at Kinkos and make your mom buy 500 copies? Send serial letters to Oprah until she gets a restraining order on you? Put a tent on the front step of the Rodale offices? Sigh. Guess we'll tackle that step when it actually gets DUNZO.

But really, the wind? It can go now, and in it’s place, I’d like to order up some sunshine and green grass. Hurry, Spring, Hurry.

PIC-0364

Mom, I’m booooooooooooooooooored.

2 comments:

Dog Hair in my Coffee said...

I love that dog so much.

Meg said...

Thanks for loving my pupdog! He is a sweetie. Come and visit him whenever you want!