Monday, February 23, 2009

Any Given Sunday

After getting back from my in-law's house, I threw myself into a flurry of housekeeping - I cleaned both bathrooms (tubs), cleaned up the kitchen (including the dreaded microwave wipe down, ugh), did dishes, mopped the kitchens and bathrooms, finished folding and put up laundry, washed and changed the sheets, dusted, vacuumed, and made pesto and banana bread (needed to use up parsley and overriped banans, respectively.) By the time I finished it was 7:45 and the Duke/Wake game was on so I watched that while reading food logs and then went to bed. A bit exhausting, but there's just such a good feeling like looking around your house and seeing everything in it's place.

Too bad it never seems to last more than 24 hours. As I was talking to my mom last night and reporting on my day, she paused before saying "Didn't you do the exact same thing last Sunday?" Sigh.

No comments: