Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving: Round 2

IMG_1203

IMG_1206

IMG_1216

IMG_1217

IMG_1249

Thanksgiving Round 2 was on Friday with my family who came from all corners of the country to be with us – Katie and Dylan up the road from Charlotte, my brother flying in from San Diego and my parents driving down from Rochester.  We were sad that Matt’s parents were able to join us because his Dad had come down with a fever.  (I’m hoping that it wasn’t the thought of my cooking that turned him ill!)  It was a quick 24 hours with my family visiting, but I enjoyed every minute of it – sharing kitchen time with my parents, gathering around the table to eat and the intense round of catch phrase that followed.  I was sad to wave them off so soon the next day, but grateful that I have a family that values each other so much they’ll go to the efforts they do to share a meal together. 

1 comment:

Allison the Meep said...

Burlap table runners = wicked awesome