Friday, October 22, 2010

Y Not?

I do not recommend waking up at 11:43 when you have a noon date at the gym. Especially when said gym is 20 minutes away. I never intended to sleep so late - when Jamie and I made gym plans, I famously said "Let's make them at noon, so I can sleep in without an alarm."

I sort of assumed I'd wake up around 9... maybe 10...

But noon?

Hello, college me.

Jamie and I met at a rescheduled 12:20, and officially joined the Y! I can't believe it's been quite so long since I was a gym member, but it feels good to be back in the saddle. I deliberated on whether or not I should pony up and pay for the Y - especially because it's in the complete opposite direction of my house and there's other, cheaper gyms in Winston. But I love the facility, I love how much it offers (cardio/multiple free weight rooms, a pool, classes) and I finally decide to just suck it up and invest in my health - both financially and time-wise.

Oh hey, novel idea there, health coach.

After the workout, I came home and tackled my house. I won't tell you how long it took, but I swear, I can't figure out how 2 people and 1 dog render so much destruction in such a short time. I still haven't gotten up the nerve to do my sewing room, and I'm wondering when that's going to happen as the next few weekends are packed to the hilt. I've got a deadline of our Christmas party, as the rooms at Hotel Cline book up awful fast for that soiree. So I guess I've got about 8 weeks to knock it out.

Yes people, Christmas is that soon.

Go ahead, panic. I might have.

No comments: