Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful

We celebrated Thanksgiving at my sister’s house in Charlotte with my parents, my sister + her husband and my brother. Unfortunately, the schedule gods had Matt working this holiday – but off on Christmas, so we’ll take it. He stayed in Winston and held down the fort, and Zac + Jamie kindly took him for some turkey and stuffing on Thursday. Bo basked in the cuddles and extra attention, and loved getting bedtime lullabies played on the piano for him by his Aunt Katie. I tried to give him a little taste of squash and mashed potatoes but he doesn’t quite have the tongue thrust reflex out of the way yet. I overslept for our turkey trot and ate myself silly, so all in all it was a successful Thanksgiving. I only wish Matt could have been there with us.

It goes without saying that we have so much to be thankful for this year. Our sweet little boy is healthy and (generally) happy and he is so, so loved by his family. I am so thankful for this season in our life.

1417
1409
1382

No comments: