Thursday, September 1, 2011

September!

Holy moly, I can’t believe it’s September.  I think I say this every year, but this summer was so busy.  I’m pretty sure we averaged about one weekend at home with no plans.  Insanity.

I love summer, but I am just as partial to lovely fall.  Especially after the heat of this summer, I am ready to usher in some crisp days, some football tailgates, dinners on our porch (soon to be finished, I hope!) and bust out my tall boots again.

IMG_2076

Welcome, September.  Although really, did you have to continue on with the 90 degree days?

I have been looking forward to this upcoming weekend since we made our work schedules back in March.  I work a 4 day work week, with a rotating Thursday or Friday off.  Not only do I have this Friday off, but thanks to Labor Day, I also have Monday off.  And although I’m scooting off to Raleigh on Saturday night for a little wino time and 30th birthday party, most of my weekend is unscheduled.

I. Can’t. Wait.

Neither can this guy:

IMG_2080

He was pretty pumped to see me get home from work today.  But then again, he gets pretty pumped to see me when I walk back inside from taking the garbage out…

I do have quite a little task list that I’ve made myself, but as daunting as it looks, I have to admit that none of them are urgent.  And really, I think about 2/3rds of them are blog related.  The only one who knows/cares if most of these things get done is me.

IMG_2079

I took this picture so I could leave that notebook at work and still have my to do list on my phone.  Smart, huh?  I could go one step further and actually use the phone app TeuxDeux but I’m still pretty low tech when it comes my lists.

And now, time to kick off this long weekend with some football and celebrating Locke’s birthday.  Bring on the pink lemonade cake!

IMG_2093

No comments: