Today is our FOURTH anniversary! I can hardly believe that it has been four years. Since our wedding anniversary falls on a Thursday, what better way to honor it than with a TT post dedicated to my husband?
Please feel free to stop reading if the schmoopy gets to you.
I am thankful that...
- you mow the lawn. I did it once and it took an extremely long time and was hot and not much fun. Thank you for sparing me from that, even and especially when I forget to tell you.
- you are unequivocally the hardest working person I know and yet at the same time, the least likely to complain about how hard you work.
- you learned to snowboard and you taught me to wakeboard.
- you respect your parents & your grandparents. And my parents and grandparents.
- you built me a bed.
- you always tell me honestly how an outfit looks.
- when I was unhappy at my job last year, you told me to quit complaining and do something about it. I needed that.
- you have an insatiable interest in new adventures and traveling. I am 100% certain we will never, ever be bored.
- you don't internalize your work, but you're never cynical or callous about the things you see every day and the patients you treat.
- you know how to shag dance.
- you are decisive. (Luckily you decided you wanted to marry me!)
- you drive on long trips and late at night, and don't give me too much crap about always falling asleep on road trips.
- you rarely get stressed, and even when you do, you never take it out on me.
- when I told you I wanted to write a book, you said "So write a book." You've been my cheerleader ever since, as well as encouraging me with my coaching practice.
- you love the Spuds as much as I do.
- you humored me by going with me to the Gary Chapman talk before our wedding. I don't think I ever told you how much that meant to me.
- you put your laundry in the hamper and your dishes in the sink.
- you love 90s rock music as much as I do - if not more.
- you value health and taking care of yourself. And to that end, you'll eat whatever I cook... even when I'm "experimenting."
- you wanted to grow old with me.
- you asked me to marry you.
I am in danger of letting this list go on and on... and though this is basically a "reasons why I love my husband" list, it really is a list of gratitude. I think gratitude and appreciation are a cornerstone of a solid marriage, and I know that every time I stop to take stock of what I am thankful for my husband and my marriage top that list. I am, simply put, blessed. I know that every day, but I am especially reminded of it today. Happy Anniversary, Matthew. I am thankful for us.