Happy Things, Today: (This Week/etc):
- Safety. That the only consequence of Tuesday’s car wreck is the inconvenience of having to get my car repaired. I’m fine, the guy who hit me is fine, Buddy’s fine (he was wearing his seatbelt!), my insurance company has been a peach (Traveler’s, FYI) and his insurance company hasn’t given me any hassle for repairs. I keep breathing sighs of relief/gratitude that it wasn’t any worse than that.
- My hard-working hubby, who is in fact, at the hospital this very moment. In fact, I don't know what to do without NFL as the backdrop to my usual Sunday routine. Weird.
- Being almost done with Christmas shopping. Anyone have a good idea for my dad?
- Coffee date with Heather on Wednesday. I need this weekly. (Move to Winston?)
- One of my clients on the *brink* of a break-through this week. Excited for what’s around the corner for her.
- Health, health, health. Last week of prednisone!!! (Good-bye, puffy cheeks!!!)
- Black velvet starry winter skies on early morning walks
- Receiving my FITBIT! After a year of waiting! Yesterday, according to my Fitbit, I was very active for 4 minutes. Oye. Good timing, I need some motivation.
- Something very good going on in my sister-in-law’s life. Tickled for her.
- My camera and signing up for another photog class at Sawtooth starting in Jan.
- Seeing photos of my middle-school best friend’s 14 month old on Facebook. He looks like her, she looks happy and both of those things bring me joy.
- Winos – honesty, loyalty, support, truthfulness, forgiveness, love.
- My intern from 5 years ago (then a HS junior, now a college senior) just messaged me. As we finished up she said “don’t you wish you were still in college?” Answer: nope. I loved college – and I wouldn’t mind having all my favorite people in a 5-minute-walk radius again – but I love where I am right now in life.
- Coconut Chai Tea from YogicChai
- Ingrid Michaelson, A Fine Frenzy. They have been my soundtrack this week.
- Having four healthy, loving, and supportive parents.
- A job I love that is rewarding, flexible, creative and has health benefits.
- A dinner date on Friday with two of my favorite couples, the Forseys and the Johnsons (we missed you, J-boo) at one of my favorite restaurants (Xia’s.) Yay and yum.
- One more work week until 2 weeks of vacation starts.
- My intern, who might be the sole reason my December newsletter gets done on time.
- That the rain has stopped right at the exact moment I am finishing this and my little doglet is ready for his walk! Perfect timing.
Thankful that this is pretty much just a major inconvenience in my life, and nothing more.
Thankful for the beauty that is Christmas.