Sunday, August 21, 2011

Spur of the Moment Wine Tasting… Why Not?

I'm not necessarily the most spontaneous person in the world (ahem, planning my days off to the hour including times spent driving between distances?  Yeah, whatever the opposite of spontaneous is... I'm it.)  So I was a little bit surprised & delighted with myself when sitting on my couch this morning, thinking of all the things on my to do list today, I decided "you know what? It's a beautiful Sunday, I want to be outside."  I had a livingsocial coupon for a wine tasting at West Bend Vineyards, so I texted Anne to see if she wanted to go.  I was equally as surprised when she was free, since Anne's pretty much the most scheduled out person I know so, must be the spontaneous gods were looking out for us today.  ​

It was a perfect spent Sunday afternoon.  It was a reason to drive out to an (extremely close!) vineyard I had never been to, a charming little place where the wine was delicious.  It wasn't super busy in there, so the guy let us try a few things off the usual tasting menu and we rewarded his kindness by picking out a bottle to purchase.  We spent the afternoon sitting in a rocking chair, talking about life, love, careers, husbands, dance trance, babies, dogs and wine.  I'm quite certain there are very few things that make me happier than good conversation over good wine with good friends.  It's like the trifecta of happiness.​

IMG_1920IMG_1921

No comments: