Friday, March 18, 2011

Fix

Sad to say that I did not have my act together enough to make corned beef & cabbage this year for St. Patrick’s Day.  I don’t think Matt was too disappointed… but I was.  I was en route from picking Buddy up at daycare and meeting girlfriends for a fro yo date, trying to figure out what I could grab for dinner, when I saw Mozelle’s tweet that their feature of the day was corned beef & cabbage.

Done. Deal.

022

It’s a little sad that this one meal cost about the same as an entire brisket would, but that’s okay.  It brought me great joy.  I’m guessing that this is one of those meals that taste so good because it has nostalgia attached to it – I picture my mom in the kitchen, lading out the potatoes and cooked carrots out of the crockpot.  And when we were really little – serving it with milk dyed green from food dye.  So creative, that Sharebear.

What do you think?  If you didn’t grow up having cb&c as a family meal, does it appeal to you?

No comments: