Friday, September 21, 2012

Bo's Room: Changing Table Before & After

As mentioned, the changing table started out looking pretty rough.



I think it may have been a bathroom cabinet. The top has been taken off and replaced with a piece of plywood. It was pretty ugly...but I had a vision.

Unfortunately, while I have vision and imagination to spare, I sometimes lack a bit of practicality. I totally underestimated what it would take to get the table into working order and I totally overestimated my ability as a 36.5 week pregnant woman to get the job done.

Matt took it over, begrudgingly, as soon as I brought it home. Other than picking the paint color out, I didn't see it until it was done.


Seriously? Amazing. And don't ask me how he did it. I have no idea. I just know it involved a lot of sanding, about a bajillion coats of paint, new hardware and a piece of granite.

And I am never allowed to go to a consignment furniture store on my own again.

2 comments:

Allison the Meep said...

Dude. This is a seriously great transformation. You should submit it to DesignSponge as a before & after.

Also kind of random: Your posts always end up showing up all at once in my blogger reader, even though they have older dates on them. Weird, right?

Jamie said...

Oh your shenanigans inspired me to do the same. Leave it to Pinterest and a bestie to inspire you to do something crazy like paint some furniture.