Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday: 4th of July Edition

2010-07-03

I am thankful for every minute of the sun soaked days on a flat as glass lake spent with the best of friends.

I am doubly thankful that said friends welcome us (and our doggy) into their family-filled holiday weekend with open arms and room on the boat and the biggest platter of chicken salad I’ve ever seen.

I am thankful that after 200 failed attempts at wakeboarding, I didn’t give up, I stood up and finally experienced the thrill of *boop* going over the wake.

And with regards to that, I am thankful that Craig starts the boat slow enough that I actually *can* stand up.

I am thankful for the experience of watching Donna and Matt make their first attempt at wakeboarding, and specifically the smile that erupted across Donna’s face when she got it.  (On like the 3rd time.  Jerk.)

I am thankful for SPF 50.

And on this holiday, I am thankful for the freedom that living in this country bestows upon me: the right to pray to my God, to speak my mind, to choose my spouse and to get an education.  To name a few basics.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th.  What are you thankful for?

No comments: