Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Worst Day of the Year

Yesterday, January 4th was the worst day of the year, according to my sister’s Facebook status.  Immediately after she posted this, every single teacher she is friends with agreed, including my mother and my high school English teacher. 

The “dreading going back to work” statement was all over Facebook the night of January 3rd.  I can’t say I was doing backflips about going back to work, especially because that meant I’d actually have to brush my hair and get out of my pajamas … but I didn’t find myself dreading it either. 

I truly enjoy my job.  Even the more tedious parts, like paper work and data entry, give me a sense of accomplishment when I finish them.  Monday was just a typical day for me; it didn’t really feel at all like the “reality check” I was expecting.  I got to the office early, treating myself to a chai latte along the way.  I prepped for the week, getting my schedule ready, reviewing notes from my pre-holiday calls, and getting handouts ready for classes.  Mid-day I taught my first post-holiday class, and was pleasantly surprised to find that only a small percentage of people in my group had gained any weight over the holidays.  Most had either lost or stayed the same over the three week hiatus we had had.

Today started off with three coaching sessions, all very motivating and fun and productive.  I spent the rest of the day doing some paper work and reading, including snuggling up with a very exciting 10-journal-article packet on supplements.  Not exactly the same as cuddling up with the fourth Twilight book, as I had been doing over the holidays, but Twilight doesn’t exactly pay the grocery bills. 

Tonight, Matt and I are having dinner with the emergency medicine department and then I’m dropping dinner off for a girl in our resident-spouses group who just had a baby and is wrapping up maternity leave.  It’s been right back into the swing of things, but I can’t say I’ve really minded.  I have a lot on my plate this year and some pretty big plans for 2010, but I’m ready to see them into action. 

If yesterday really was the worst day of 2010, then it can only get better from here. 

IMG_0421

Totally unrelated to post content.  But a picture-less post seems so wrong.

No comments: