Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cake Credit

I wanted to give credit for the amazing cake that we had for Matt’s birthday that I posted about yesterday.  My friend Abbie started making cakes and posting them on her blog awhile back.  I was trying to think of a way to make Matt’s 30th birthday memorable and unique and it hit me – an Abbie cake!  The only requests I had were that it be caramel cake – a favorite of Matt’s – and something Wake Forest related.  She took the idea and ran with it, and I think I squealed a little with delight when I saw the cake. 

When I tasted it though, I had nothing to say.  Because my mouth remained stuffed with cake until my piece was gone.  I also had a number of guests say things to me like “I’m not even a cake person and I loved it.”  Go Abbie!  She is so talented.

Thank you friend, for making Matt’s birthday memorable and special and coming up with a cake design that was so perfectly him!

IMG_1036

IMG_1037

Here’s Abbie’s Facebook page with pictures of all the cakes she has done & here’s her blog with stories of cakes, crafts, faith, foster parenthood, marriage & friendship. 

No comments: