Thursday, November 11, 2010

California, Here We Come

Ever since we got here, I've had the theme song from The O.C. Stuck in my head.

California, here we are.

Our travel was wonderfully uneventful. Neither of us even had to go through the x-ray machine. We got to San Diego mid-afternoon, and my brother was wandering around baggage claim looking for us.

We headed to his home, a cute beach bungalow he shares with his two grad student roommates, a sweet kitty named Eddie and an adorable Aussie shepherd named Sebastian. Seb has been providing us our doggy fix already. On our way to his house, we crested a huge hill and looked straight down into the sparkling Pacific Ocean.



Yup. I get why so many people love living here now. Wow.

After we dropped off our stuff, we changed into workout gear for what I anticipate to be the first of many outdoor exercise outings. From what I can gather, exercise is a way of life here. I likes.

Mike took us over to Torrey Pines State Park, where we hiked up dusty desert trails to see some more a-maaazing views, then ended on the beach. I can't get over a beach that goes right up to a high craggy roll of rock. Very different from our East coast beaches!








After we burned off some calories, we headed back to his neighborhood to consume some. Considering both my mom and my sis texted me to ask if we were going for fish tacos, I was anticipating a good meal. I was not disappointed. We finished up our evening with some Baileys on the rocks back at Michael's house and crawled into bed exhausted... At 10:30. Clearly we are still on east coast time, and with the addition of the travel, the hike and the baileys, didn't stand a chance. See you in the morning.

Probably at 5 am.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Dog Hair in my Coffee said...

What? No pictures of the dog? Sigh.

Meg said...

I know, I can't believe I didn't take one. He is so super sweet - you'd love him.