Sunday, July 28, 2013

Bo’s (Actual) Birthday

I didn’t have time to be weepy or nostalgic during Bo’s birthday party and really mostly just felt grateful and happy to have our friends and family there celebrating.

I woke up in the wee hours of Sunday morning to let Buddy out for his usual middle of the night backyard frolic and when I came back to bed, I clicked on my phone to see what time it was and gasped.

564

I smiled to myself remembering 3:18 am exactly one year ago. The rush of emotions that had come over when the doctor announced “he has blonde hair!” and I glanced up at the clock to see how long I had been pushing. It was 3:18 am. Seconds later, my son was here.

I laid back in bed and closed my eyes, relieving as much as I could of the rest of that day before I drifted back off to sleep.

The rest of the day was a pretty normal day, although we celebrated with dinner at one of our favorite places, Wen Hwa, where the servers always trip over themselves to dote on him. Then we kept the sugar rush from yesterday going with a trip to Wolfie’s Custard and strolled around downtown for a bit.

571572

Happy Birthday, Bo! Here’s to another wonderful year ahead.

566558

No comments: