Sunday, January 27, 2013

January

For a lot of people, January is a month of fresh starts and resolutions. For us, January has felt like a month to catch our breath and settle down. The last 6 months were… busy, to say the least. We had a baby, and that fact alone validates that claim. Then we had visitors every month, we traveled, Matt started a new job and before I knew it, the holidays were upon us. The next couple months hold a few more trips, visitors, and some home projects. I have a feeling July will be here before I know it and Bo will be smashing a cake and I’ll be scratching my head wondering where the last year went.

So in January, we took a deep breath. We didn’t have any visitors. We didn’t pack a suitcase. We took a lot of naps, cooked more dinners together and marveled in the every day miracle of watching our little baby learn and grow. It’s been a nice month for our cozy little family.

Some photos from this last month…

090

082

079

070

065

056

006

3 comments:

Jess Norden said...

I love down time...as moms, we need it now more than ever!!!

Cam has that same dino shirt...I love it ;)

Bari said...

Bo is so freaking cute. I'm glad you were able to get some downtime this month because, yes, the time goes WAY too fast.

Allison the Meep said...

Lawdy, that boy is cute!

Enjoy your respite from the rush of everything!