This list threatens to be long. I’m in one of the moods where the birds chirping and the grass being green and the right song coming on the radio at just the right time are enough to make me go, “Sigh. All is right in the world.” With that said, I’ll attempt to pare myself down of a baker’s dozen of thankfuls. Without further ado, I am thankful for…
- My sister and her boyfriend, Dylan, getting engaged! I could not be more pleased to welcome Dylan into our family (and he’s had ample warning to determine if that’s in his best interest) and to help my baby sis plan her big day.
- Riley Jayne, 7 ounces of cuteness, who announced her intention to join our world just yesterday morning. Can’t wait to meet you, Miss Riley.
- My Grandpa S, who just celebrated his 89th year of life.
- Pink High Heels.
- Birds chirping this morning, and golf clubs in use this afternoon. Hoping that’s a sign that Spring is on it’s way. Ignore the snow that is still on the sidewalks the sun doesn’t hit.
- 5 am. I’m thankful for 5 am because right now, while Matt is working the 6p-2a shift, that’s the time of day I am most likely to get to hang out with him. And even if it’s just for 10 minutes, it’s nice to see his face. Even better, I’m thankful for his day off falling on a Friday this week. It’ll be a well-deserved day off for my hubby and I can’t wait to hang out with him.
- Brewnerd’s Salty Caramel Latte. Oh. My. Heavens. Is it wrong to salt your coffee? Let’s never speak of this again.
- Mark 11:24
- My Christmas gift arriving from my sister - “Keep Calm and Carry On.” Ever since I saw this poster hanging up in another blogger’s living room, I became intent on acquiring it. Thank you, little sis, for making that happen! Can’t wait to hang it in my office with all my other green stuff.
- Health, and not just in-remission-health, but really, truly happy-with-my-wellbeing health.
- Goat cheese. I can’t get enough.
- Heather, for reasons too numerous to list, but succinctly for her uncanny knack for the perfect words for every moment.
- Following up on a gut feeling to call someone I hadn’t seen in awhile and finding out it was a much needed call. God’s timing is perfect, ya’ll.
- Ipod, mascara and my Joe Jeans. The 3 material items I think I’d take to my deserted island.
- A pile of felt scraps given to me by a client… waiting for me to do the project that’s in my head. (Don’t give up on me, felt scraps! I’m coming!)
- Mi familia (the one I was born into and the one I was sworn into)
- Faith in a very kind God
- If all else fails, Thursday is always followed by Friday.
What’s on your list?