Saturday, January 17, 2009

Imperfectly Perfect

I am looking around my living room in just complete bliss. At 10:00 this morning, I mentioned to my co-worker that she and her boyfriend should come over and watch the Wake game. Now, 4 1/2 hours and a few more text messages later, 11 people are using up every scrap of seating we have available, our recycling bin is getting full of empty soldiers, and a bowl of hastily purchased chips and salsa is quickly disappearing. Have I mentioned I love impromptu get togethers? Or how I love that our basketball team is undefeated?

One booyah for giving up the idea that a party has to be perfectly planned and organized, one booyah for the freaking awesome basketball team of my alma mater and a third booyah for a perfectly content, cozy and fun Saturday afternoon with friends. (And maybe even a fourth booyah for the Forsey's lovesac which provided extra seating and conversation.)

Coozies, ready & waiting.

No comments: